In the past year (2016/17):
- Amber gave 201 individual awards – up 14% from last year. 74 beneficiaries were new to Amber.
- We also reached another 90 visually impaired children by delivering music workshops in special schools.
- The Little Amber program was developed. It will provide free online resources targeted at blind and partially sighted babies and young children from September 2017.
- Amber has supported a number of research projects which help develop a better understanding of the impact music has in the development of blind and partially sighted children. These include The Premature Babies Project, All Join In 2, The Batter Disease Project.
- We put on a concert in the Wathen Hall at St Paul’s School in Barnes, at which, for the first time, beneficiaries and supporters of The Amber Trust took to the stage with professional musicians, Derek Paravicini and his Quartet
Amber’s music awards help to enhance children’s social and academic education through music and, in some cases, to prepare them for a career in music.