In the past year (2018/19):
- Amber gave 250 individual music awards – up 10% from last year. 81 beneficiaries were new to Amber.
- We reached another 90 visually impaired children by delivering music workshops in special schools.
- The Little Amber scheme supported 73 families and 76 children during the year.
- The AmberPlus scheme was launched in October. The new initiative supports families with a visually impaired child aged 5-18 who also has additional needs. The scheme was supporting 29 families by the end of March 2019.
- We launched the AmberPlus Music Makers workshop programme for schools. Using the specially designed AmberPlus resources, the scheme is designed to give teachers and other professionals the confidence to engage with children and young people through music.
- We held our annual concert in the Wathen Hall at St Paul’s School in Barnes, showcasing some of the talented musicians we support and giving them valuable performance experience.
“Little Amber is a fantastic scheme. I’m so grateful as it means so much to my son, and to see him enjoying the music and smiling and laughing and participating is a mother’s dream.”