In the past year (2019/20):
- Amber supported nearly 600 blind and partially sighted children to engage with music throughout the UK.
- 266 Music Awards were made of which 61 were to children new to Amber.
- We reached 91 children through our two-week summer school music workshops held at Linden Lodge.
- The Little Amber and AmberPlus schemes supported 148 families and 152 children throughout the year.
- Our AmberPlus Music Makers workshop programme supported 91 children and young people across 7 schools nationwide.
- Amber Sound Touch, a ground-breaking digital resource for teaching music to blind children was launched nationally in June 2020 in partnership with the ISM Trust.
- With Music in Mind, a new service specifically designed for families who have a visually impaired child with a life-limiting neurodegenerative disease, such as Batten disease was launched, also in partnership with the ISM Trust, in November 2020.
“Little Amber is a fantastic scheme. I’m so grateful as it means so much to my son, and to see him enjoying the music and smiling and laughing and participating is a mother’s dream.”